The Benefits Coordinator is responsible for overall management of employee benefits, and CRSI’s Wellness Program. This position will act as a liaison between employees and insurance administrators to resolve benefit-related problems. The Benefits Coordinator will manage all insurance billing and oversee the maintenance of the Human Resources Information System in regards to benefit administration. Assists with review, development and execution of policies and procedures, and assists managers and supervisors with Human Resources Issues.
- Assist HR staff, managers, and employees with employee relations issues, concerns, policies, etc.
- Manages employee benefit plans, creates and distributes benefit communication materials for employees, maintains benefit forms, enrollment materials, and assists in communication and negotiation with providers.
- Strive to ensure employee understanding of benefits programs by regularly generating communication and counseling employees as situations arise. Resolve employee complaints related to health and welfare plans, refer difficult or very complex complaints to HR Director as needed.
- Advises management team of program changes, issues, and compliance updates related to benefits.
- Consults with insurance brokers to survey and obtain industry trends, renewal options and costs, facilitate meetings with brokers, insurers, and executive management.
- Oversee processing of documents and/or systems and maintain compliance for FMLA, Worker’s Compensation, COBRA, etc.
- Chair the Agency’s Wellness Committee.
- Manage system and database maintenance and updates of the HRIS system to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Manage the audit process of inbound and outbound data transmitted from internal and external record keeping and billing systems including benefits database, employee contributions, etc.
- Generate various employee reports for management; for example, benefit related reports, longevity, bonus eligible employees, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.