Serves as lead nurse and coordinator of daily on-site clinical activities occurring within the acute behavioral health institute. Serves as the liaison person between the nursing team and all community partners associated with the behavioral health institute services provided by nursing. Providesdirect clinical management of assigned personnel.
- Knowledgeable of the medical aspects of addiction, including dual diagnosis,
- Excellent assessment skills
- The ability and willingness to identify with, share in, and have a commitment to the philosophy, mission, values and vision of our Sponsors and Catholic Health Partners.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional appearance, aptitude, and attitude
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments while meeting rigid deadlines
- Impeccable ethics and integrity
- Ability to maintain appropriate professional boundaries
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, families, a variety of professional disciplines and the general public.
- Ability to use critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills including but not limited to analysis, problem solving, and decision-making
- Ability to efficiently manage time, priorities and resources
- Possesses basic computer skills; demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and web-based applications
- Ability to follow instruction, use constructive feedback, demonstrate professionalism, responsibility, critical thinking, and stress management skill
- Ability to maintain strict client confidentiality, HIPAA compliance
- Cultural sensitivity
- Ability to Travel
- Ability to organize and maintain supplies and equipment
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time. Frequently lifts and carries items weighing up to 100 pounds (with assistance). Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours. Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Working knowledg of insurance payment contracting for out of network billing
- Other duties as assigned by manager or director.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A bachelor degree in nursing is required.
Five or more years of acute adult behavioral nursing is desired.
Must have or obtain ANA Psychiatric Nurse Certification Education within 1 years of hire.
Must have current/unrestricted state nursing licensure.
Must be able to work as part of multidisciplinary team. Special physical requirements:Sits and stands throughout the day. Physical management of patients in crisis situation may be necessary.
Required Job Specific Training: De-Escalation training within 90 days of hire.